HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
Corporate Director of Care Management, Post-Acute Services
Following the direction of the Vice President of Clinical Services, Post-Acute Services, the Corporate Director of Care Management serves as a resource to the hospital leaders to ensure appropriate and quality care. S/he provides direction and ongoing development for Case Management operations including policies and procedures in accordance with state, federal and other regulatory bodies, serves as a resource to the Case Management teams, supports the development of effective Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) function and cultivates ongoing quality assessment and performance improvement activities for efficient management of patient’s hospitalization from pre-admission through discharge. Identifies over and underutilization of resources and develops strategies to remediate. Performs analyses of hospital and company-wide utilization trends and makes recommendations as appropriate to improve overall utilization. Facilitates accurate and timely documentation of diagnosis and interventions and coordination between coder. Health Information Management (HIM) and billing teams. Implements clinical documentation improvement strategies when opportunities are identified. Works with the hospital leaders on managing relationships with managed care payors from initial care authorizations and continued stay reviews. Responsible for measuring the outcomes of the Case Management program as identified in the Quality Scorecard and Utilization Management Plan.
The Corporate Director participates in the selection and orientation of hospital case management staff. Provides professional development and training for hospital staff to ensure comprehensive knowledge of the care management process.
The Corporate Director of Care Management, Post-Acute Services is based in the Plano office and requires relocation to the Dallas-area. Community Hospital Corporation is a tobacco and drug-free employer.
• Requires unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse.
• Bachelor of Nursing degree required, Master’s degree in nursing or business preferred.
• Requires 7 years or more of case management leadership experience with 3-5 case management experience in a post-acute care environment.
• Case Management certification preferred.
• Experience working with multi-site locations.
• Proficient knowledge of federal and relevant state regulations and laws governing healthcare.
• Proficient knowledge to understand and apply care management best practices, concepts and terminology unique to the LTACH environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of laws and regulations governing LTACH reimbursement, to include commercial, Medicare and Medicaid practices.
• Possess strong leadership skills
• Possess excellent project management skills
• Possess strong communication skills: written, oral and listening
• Ability to communicate and relate well with others
• Communicates openly and in a timely way
• Shares information appropriately
• Keeps others well informed
• Encourages others to share contrary views
• Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests
• Ability to collaborate effectively with individuals at various levels
• Ability to think logically and tactically
• Possess strong critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills
• Possess a core set of ethical values
• Possess effective organization skills and attention to detail, and effective follow-through on responsibilities and requests
• Ability to provide guidance, direction and oversight while ensuring a service oriented focus
• Ability to assess and respond to identified needs easily, quickly and accurately; and the ability to identify, investigate and resolve issues
• Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize and carry out objectives.
• Ability to work independently, organize and manage multiple priorities in a fluid environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office or comparable software applications
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
• Must have valid driver’s license and safe driving record
We offer a competitive base salary plus an incentive compensation plan paying up to 22.5% annually. We offer a full range of benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, company paid STD, LTD, and life insurance, a 403b match and generous paid time off plan. Relocation assistance provided.
Community Hospital Corporation (CHC), a not-for-profit corporation, was created in 1996 to preserve the not-for-profit status of community-based health care organizations. Our mission is to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers.
CHC established CHC ContinueCare, LLC, our post-acute care organization, to advance our mission of preserving and protecting the control of community-based hospitals. CHC ContinueCare provides a wide range of services, including the development and management of long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs) and acute rehabilitation programs.
In today’s evolving regulatory environment, LTACHs and acute rehabilitation programs offer an effective operational model that provides phenomenal care while reducing the cost of lengthy hospital stays in acute care environments.
Facilities and organizations currently benefiting from involvement with CHC ContinueCare include:
Carolinas ContinueCARE Hospital at Kings Mountain, Kings Mountain, NC
ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Madisonville, Madisonville, KY
Carolinas ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Paducah, Paducah, KY
ContinueCARE Hospital at Palmetto Health Baptist Health, Columbia SC
ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Corbin, Corbin, KY
ContinueCARE Hospital at Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene, TX
ContinueCARE Hospital at Medical Center, Odessa, TX
ContinueCARE Hospital at Midland Memorial, Midland, TX
Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital, Tyler, TX
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation