HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
Director, Information Technology
The Director of Information Technology is primarily responsible to ensure Information Technology operations align with the business objectives of the organization. Principal goals are to develop and manage services and application portfolios and to support those objectives with each Department. The IT Director will coordinate and direct all operational activities of the Department, work closely with key decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support effective technology solutions, and to work with Community Hospital Corporate Information Technology to develop and implement strategic plans supporting organizational goals.
Strategy & Planning
● Works with facility Executive team and CHC to develop annual IT strategic plan, enabling efficient and effective workflow through information processing and communication technologies.
● Manages IT department operational execution, including project planning, organizing, and the allocation of resources.
● Consistently demonstrate behavior, which reflects that working as a team, is more important than self-interest.
● Align systems with business processes.
● Comply with the Hospital’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Stewardship and Excellence.
● Oversee the execution of operational plans, ensuring that activities and projects are funded and resourced appropriately ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables.
● Identify, evaluate, and select vendors to include negotiation of contracts, rates, maintenance and support levels.
● Establish the structure for supporting applications and technology in use by the Hospital.
● Ensure 24/7 availability of mission critical systems.
● Define and communicate project to key decision makers.
● Oversee end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
● Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
● Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
● Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the Hospital’s executives, department directors, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
● Abide by Hospital policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
● Assure all tasks performed comply with related State and Federal guidelines, rules and regulations.
● Availability rotating on-call.
● Performance of other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems preferred.
● 5+ years IT and/or project management experience.
● 3+ years’ experience managing staff.
● Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems.
● Experience managing MS Windows systems in a healthcare environment preferred.
● Experience overseeing network and telecommunications infrastructure preferred.
● Experience managing Athena and HMS environments preferred.
● Experience implementing/managing interface, mail, and help desk systems preferred.
● Experience developing and implementing disaster recovery/business continuity plans preferred.
● Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
● Ability to conduct research into IT issues and products and present solutions.
● Ability to present ideas in business/user-friendly language.
● Strong management, communication, and negotiation skills required.
● Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
● Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with Corporate support.
● Works effectively and cooperatively with Administrative Staff, Medical Staff and other members of the health care team.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive pay, and benefits. Relocation assistance is available.
Community Hospital Corporation (CHC), a not-for-profit corporation, was created in 1996 to preserve the not-for-profit status of community-based health care organizations. Our vision is to be the nation’s leader in advancing community owned hospitals. CHC strives to help community-based health care organizations deliver on their mission, remain community owned, and improve operations and care through partnership and shared vision. Since 1997, CHC has provided consultative services to more than 100 hospitals throughout the country, with efforts focused primarily on the privatization of publicly governed facilities.
CHC as dedicated to maintaining a corporate culture of care and concern for its employees that is as strong as its dedication to supporting our clients.
Yoakum, TX offers an excellent quality of life. Please visit the city's website for more informtion. http://www.cityofyoakum.org/
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation