HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
Director, Revenue Cycle
The Director of Revenue Cycle’s primary responsibility is to provide leadership and support to CHC facilities in all areas of Revenue Cycle and serve as a Revenue Cycle subject matter expert within CH Consulting.
This position will report to the SVP Hospital Financial Operations.
Specifically, the Revenue Cycle Director must:
• Work collaboratively with hospitals to establish and achieve annual and periodic revenue cycle goals.
• Periodically review and evaluate the revenue cycle operational effectiveness of CHC hospitals to ensure properly functioning revenue cycle processes,
• Advise hospital leadership regarding the effectiveness of revenue cycle management within the facility and home office.
• Advise hospital leadership regarding proper concentration of people, process and technology to maximize and enhance the control environment to protect the financial assets of the organization.
• Provide assessments of revenue cycle program effectiveness and provide recommendations for improvement to consulting clients as requested.
• Interact with corporate and facility management to identify and define problems, along with targets of opportunity, and develop a framework for achieving organizational goals for improved reimbursement and cash flow operations.
• Develop performance expectations and initiatives to improve cash collections and bad debt reduction within the revenue cycle operation.
• Assess, identify and define areas of opportunity for reengineering processes to improve the management of the revenue cycle and cash flow throughout the company.
• Develop and facilitate the implementation of policies and procedures that support the organizations goals of improving revenue cycle operations and outcomes.
• Provide direction and oversight for the implementation of key internal controls and procedures supporting the integrity of revenue cycle and other business operations.
• Support hospital and clinical departments in developing processes and tools to ensure accurate and timely processing of unbilled receivables and charge capture.
• Act as a resource to facilitate necessary staff training and development. Assess and respond to organizational and customers needs with innovative programs to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Perform audits relating to revenue cycle including compliance with all state and federal regulations, reconciliation of revenues and vendor performance.
• Develop, and provide in conjunction with Information Technology, adequate and accurate reporting tools for monitoring and validating revenue cycle performance.
• Participate in establishing, monitoring and adherence to CHC standards of performance.
• Participate in the evaluation, selection and management of service programs, including external vendor programs and systems to add value and improve process and outcomes for revenue cycle operations.
• Work effectively with all departments - corporate and facility - to make a significant contribution to the organization's overall effectiveness.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Business or related field
• Hospital management work experience in the revenue cycle function (7 years minimum)
• Or the equivalent in education and experience
A minimum of 7 years management or consulting experience in the healthcare receivables/revenue cycle field required, with a work record that demonstrates:
• In-depth knowledge of hospital billing, collections and reimbursement.
• A mature approach to problem-solving for all types of issues.
• Ability to appropriately manage process and human resources to achieve positive outcomes.
• Prior experience as Business Office Director, COB Director or Revenue Cycle consulting management.
• Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives.
• Ability to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Proficient ability to identify and effectively resolve difficult operational and administrative problems.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate and relate well with others
o Communicates openly and in timely way
o Shares information appropriately
o Keeps others well informed
o Encourages others to share contrary views
o Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests
o Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficient knowledge of hospital revenue cycle, and the impact of such operations on hospital reimbursement.
• Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the concepts and terminology unique to the healthcare industry.
Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan paying up to 22.5%. An attractive benefits package is also offered including paid relocation.
Community Hospital Corporation (CHC), a not-for-profit corporation, was created in 1996 to preserve the not-for-profit status of community-based health care organizations. Our vision is to be the nation’s preeminent resource in advancing community healthcare.
Community Hospital Corporation owns, manages and consults with hospitals through three distinct organizations – CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and CHC ContinueCARE, which share a common purpose to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers. Based in Plano, Texas, CHC provides the resources and experience community hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance.
CHC's corporate office was named among the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review for 2015 and 2016 and was named among the top 100 Places to Work in DFW by the Dallas Morning News in 2015 and 2016. CHC is as dedicated to maintaining a corporate culture of care and concern for its employees that is as strong as its dedication to supporting our clients.
CHC is continuing to grow, and seeks talented individuals who will contribute to our growth while embracing our mission to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers.
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation