HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
Employee Relations and Engagement Manager
Following the direction of the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, this position is responsible for designing and implementing human resources programs and policies that support the organization’s overall strategic direction and operational goals for employee engagement, employee recognition, employee relations, and education at the corporate office, but also in support of the CHC hospitals.
S/he will serve as an HR subject matter resource to HR leaders at CHC hospitals and clients and provide education and training as needed.
• Supports the SVP of Human Resources in the employee relations function for all corporate employees.
• Provides counsel and advice and some hands on assistance to CHC hospital executives and human resource leaders in employee relations and recognition, as well as CHC clients.
• Take primary responsibility for the development and maintenance of human resource policies and procedures for corporate office, and in assisting the CHC hospitals in development of appropriate policies.
• Provides hands-on support for HR related operational needs required by new facilities including employee relations and recognition programs, and preparing/updating employee handbooks.
• Directs the employee recognition activities of the corporate office
• Manages the on-boarding process for all new employees for the corporate office.
• Manages the annual and on-going education process for the corporate office and works to enhance the utilization of common education tools among all CHC hospitals.
• Manages the annual employee satisfaction and engagement survey process for the corporate office and coordinates for all CHC hospitals. Facilitates the interpretation of results, communication planning and associated action planning.
• Assists the SVP of HR in operational assessments of CHC clients by reviewing employee handbooks and policies and procedures.
• In coordination with the SVP of HR, manages all human resources related communication, and looks for new vehicles to enhance employee communication.
• Keeps current on federal and state employment regulations and labor law.
• Supports the mission, vision and values of Community Hospital Corporation.
• Performs miscellaneous related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business, organizational development, human resource management or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and equivalent work experience preferred.
• Seven years of experience of generalist human resources experience
• Healthcare experience required
• At least three year’s experience of dedicated experience in employee relations.
• Working in a multi-state environment preferred
• Demonstrated strong service orientation and a record of success in entrepreneurial service organizations.
• Certification as a PHR or SPHR preferred
• Must have valid Texas driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Proficient knowledge of federal and relevant state labor/employment laws and related regulations
• Proficient knowledge to understand and apply human resources best practices, concepts and terminology unique to the healthcare industry.
• Possess excellent change management skills
• Possess excellent project management skills
• Possess strong communication skills: written, oral and listening
• Ability to communicate and relate well with others.
o Communicates openly and in a timely way
o Shares information appropriately
o Keeps others well informed
o Encourages others to share contrary views
o Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests
• Ability to influence decision makers
• Ability to collaborate effectively with individuals at various levels
• Ability to think logically and tactically
• Possess strong critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills
• Possess a core set of ethical values
• Possess effective organization skills and attention to detail, and effective follow-through on responsibilities and requests
• Ability to provide guidance, direction and oversight while ensuring a customer service oriented focus
• Ability to assess and respond to identified needs easily, quickly and accurately; and the ability to identify, investigate and resolve issues
• Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize and carry out objectives.
• Ability to identify and effectively resolve difficult operational and administrative problems.
• Ability to work independently, organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interact effectively with staff, peers, clients, vendors and the general public in a manner that represents CHC positively
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office or comparable software applications
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
We offer a competitive base salary with an incentive compensation plan. We also provide a competitive benefits program and excellent work environment.
CHC's corporate office was named among the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review for 2015 and 2016 and was named among the top 100 Places to Work in DFW by the Dallas Morning News in 2015 and 2016. CHC is as dedicated to maintaining a corporate culture of care and concern for its employees that is as strong as its dedication to supporting our clients.
CHC is continuing to grow, and seeks talented individuals who will contribute to our growth while embracing our mission to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers.
Community Hospital Corporation (CHC), a not-for-profit corporation, was created in 1996 to preserve the not-for-profit status of community-based health care organizations. Our vision is to be the nation’s preeminent resource in advancing community healthcare.
CHC owns, leases or manages acute care hospitals in Texas, New Mexico, Nebraska, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Louisiana. We have consulted with, or are currently consulting with hospitals and LTACHs in nearly 30 states. Through our subsidiary CHC ContinueCARE, CHC operates long term acute care hospitals in Tyler, Abilene Midland and Odessa, TX, Arkansas, Charlotte, King's Mountain, and Pineville NC, Columbia, SC, and Corbin, Madisonville and Paducah KY.
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation