HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
Following the direction of the Senior Vice President of CHC Consulting and the Executive Director of the Critical Access Hospital Coalition, the Membership Director is responsible for the membership activities of the Coalition. Primary responsibilities are to find, qualify, and invite critical access hospitals for membership in the coalition, as well as develop and implement membership plans for retention of members. Manages the data related to membership and renewal activities. Supports the growth of the Coalition in all aspects.
• Direct and oversees membership activities for CAH Coalition.
• Develop and implement membership plans for retention of current members and growth of new members.
• Coordinate, manage, track, and evaluate all membership and renewal activities, including new member, renewal, and potential member mailings.
• Oversee membership marketing and promotional materials, including applications, flyers, brochures, and other materials.
• Work with CAH Coalition and CHC Consulting to ensure financial tracking of membership.
• Work with CAH Coalition Executive Director to ensure that partnerships and affiliations with external organizations are tracked.
• Understand CHC Consulting services and resources; coordinate cross-selling efforts as appropriate with CHC Consulting sales staff.
• Oversee all member databases and ensure the information is kept up-to-date and accurate.
• Work with staff on communicating member needs, services and pertinent information.
• Respond to requests for information from members.
• Suggest new polices and updates to existing policies related to membership.
• Actively participate in staff meetings.
• Develop membership leads.
• Make regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads.
• Develop sales proposals for members.
• Make presentations to potential members.
• Maintain up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends and government regulations as appropriate for critical access hospitals.
• Meet established membership quotas.
• Attend trade shows and conferences to market CAH Coalition services.
• Responsive to customers’ needs and follows through on all aspects of a request, both written and verbal.
• Work effectively with all personnel to make a significant contribution to the organization's overall effectiveness.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in marketing or in a related area is preferred.
• Three to five years sales experience or membership recruitment as well as an understanding of direct to consumer marketing with a work record that demonstrates:
o Selling products or services within the health care industry to senior level executives
o Ability to locate new opportunities, cold call and develop productive relationships
o Knowledge of healthcare policy
• Strong knowledge of market research and consumer understanding tools and techniques.
• Experience working with hospitals, in healthcare, or similar field.
• Ability to develop and locate new sales opportunities
• Ability to make cold calls and follow up on sales leads
• Ability to target leads and track progress
• Ability to develop productive business relationships
• Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to senior level executives in both small and large groups
• Ability to influence decision makers
• Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives
• Ability to communicate and relate well with others
o Listens actively
o Communicates clearly
o Shares information appropriately
o Keeps others well informed
o Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests
• Ability to work independently and support multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of US healthcare policy
• Ability to understand and apply the concepts and terminology unique to health care industry
• Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Prior experience with sales software preferred.
• Ability to maintain organization and be detail-oriented
• Ability to exhibit strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to problem solve and analyze data
• Ability to drive at least 3 uninterrupted hours.
• Ability to travel via plane.
• Ability to travel 25-35% of time.
Competitive base plus commission with a benefits package.
Physical/Mental Stress Factors
• Ability to sit, speak, hear, walk, stand, bend, and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Regularly required to talk and hear, and vision to include close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Mental stress due to high volume of workload and tight deadlines.
• Ability to focus at computer monitor and type at a keyboard for several hours.
• Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
• The visual, hearing, and mobility acuity to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Computer, Laser Printer, Calculator, Fax, Copier, Scanner, Phone, other typical office equipment.
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation