HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
The Planning Analyst assists the VP of Planning and EVP of Community Hospital Consulting in the collection and analysis of hospital data and healthcare trends; provides research and collection of inpatient, physician and non-acute aspects of the healthcare marketplace; using Microsoft Excel extensively, creates and maintains spreadsheets and databases providing analysis and standardization of the data; provides research, analysis and report creation on health status data, demographics and other necessary information to conduct Community Health Needs Assessments. These analyses are utilized in corporate and hospital planning and strategy development.
• Gather and analyze market data, demographics and other information to support analytical requests of internal and external clients.
• Prepare and design spreadsheets, graphics and maps for presentations using Microsoft Office products.
• Create graphical data representations using mapping software such as MapPoint.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel to create reports from state comparative databases.
• Conduct research to identify health statistics and disease related information to identify issues and trends.
• Conduct primary and secondary research including one-on-one telephone interviews and analysis of findings.
• Participate in survey design, data collection and analysis for various internal and external projects using SurveyMonkey or similar program.
• Analyze client data to identify issues and trends.
• Assist in analysis of physician recruiting needs including data manipulation, one-on-one physician interviews and report generation.
• Assist in development of written reports and occasionally make oral presentations of analytic results to clients as needed.
• Keep internal and external customers informed on progress of projects.
• Obtains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Provides support as necessary to CHC hospitals and consulting clients along with providing support for internal CHC staff
• Complete research and analysis accurately and timely as needed.
• Work collaboratively with CHC colleagues, managed hospital personnel, and engaged clients.
• Upholds and supports the company’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
• Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Requires 3 or more years of planning and market analysis experience, preferably in a healthcare setting or an equivalent in education and experience.
Requires advanced Excel skills including use of pivot tables, v-lookups, and various formulas.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MapPoint, and other database tools for research and analysis
• Advanced skills in spreadsheet manipulation and pivot table experience
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and timely complete assignments
• Ability to translate complex data into usable written and/or graphic format and write clear reports
• Ability to self-motivate, organize own work and juggle multiple priorities to produce accurate analyses
• Ability to maintain effectiveness during change and to adapt to change with a positive attitude
• Ability to work with all levels of management and staff and respecting all differences
• Possess a strong customer and service to others orientation
• Must be a team player
• Experience with Truven Health Market Expert and other Truven Health tools preferred
• Ability to meet CHC’s Drug and Tobacco-Free requirements
Competitive base salary plus an annual incentive pay plan, competitive benefits plan including medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance, a 401k company match, 9 paid holidays and 18 PTO days.
About Community Hospital Corporation – HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT®
Community Hospital Corporation owns, manages and consults with hospitals through three distinct organizations – CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and CHC ContinueCARE, which share a common purpose to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers. Based in Plano, Texas, CHC provides the resources and experience community hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance.
CHC's corporate office was named among the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review for 2015 and 2016 and was named among the top 100 Places to Work in DFW by the Dallas Morning News in 2015 and 2016. CHC is as dedicated to maintaining a corporate culture of care and concern for its employees that is as strong as its dedication to supporting our clients.
CHC is continuing to grow, and seeks talented individuals who will contribute to our growth while embracing our mission to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers.
For more information about CHC, please visit www.communityhospitalcorp.com
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation