HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
Sr. Planning Analyst - Part-time
The Planning Analyst will assist the VP of Planning and EVP of Community Hospital Consulting in the forecasting, analysis and interpretation of hospital data and healthcare trends along with serving as the primary contact for assigned clients. The incumbent will also provide support as necessary to CHC hospitals and consulting clients along with providing support for internal CHC staff along with working collaboratively with CHC colleagues, managed hospital personnel, and engaged clients.
The part-time Senior Planning Analyst would work remotely and need to maintain internet access and need to be able to perform occasional travel to the corporate office or client hospital locations.
Responsibilities to include:
● Provide research and analysis of inpatient, physician and non-acute aspects of the healthcare marketplace.
● Create and maintain spreadsheets and databases providing analysis and interpretation of the data. This includes market and demographic assessments and various ad hoc analyses for various owned, managed, consulting and business development clients.
● Extensively utilize Microsoft Excel, Truven Health’s Market Expert and The Advisory Board’s Crimson Market Advantage in daily operations. The analyses will be utilized in corporate and hospital planning and strategy development.
● Provide assistance in conducting medical staff development plans including analyzing physician supply, conducting physician interviews and creating reports.
● Provide research, analysis and report creation on health status data, demographics, conducting one-on-one community interviews and other necessary information to conduct Community Health Needs Assessments.
● Ability to automate processes to more effectively and efficiently analyze large amounts of data
● Gather and analyze market data, demographics and other information to support analytical requests of internal and external clients.
o Including but not limited to use of macros, pivot tables, vlookup, various formulas in Microsoft Excel
o Knowledge of and ability to extract information from various state databases
o Utilize Truven Health’s Market Expert and various other sources for state data, demographics and projections
● Ability to make meaningful conclusions or recommendations to clients based off available data and market knowledge
● Conduct research to identify health statistics and disease related information to identify issues and trends.
● Conduct primary and secondary research including one-on-one telephone or in person interviews and analysis of findings.
● Analyze client data to identify issues and trends.
● Analysis of physician recruiting needs including data manipulation, one-on-one physician interviews and report generation.
● Development of written reports and frequently make oral presentations of analytic results to clients as needed.
● Keep internal and external customers informed on progress of projects.
● Obtains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Requires a master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, marketing, statistics or related field of study.
● Requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years of market data analysis experience in a healthcare setting.
● Requires minimum of 5 to 7 years of data analysis, planning or market analysis experience in a healthcare setting or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
● Requires minimum of 3 years of community health needs assessment analysis and report creation
● Ability to travel on occasion to system and client hospitals.
● Must possess excellent analytic, written and interpersonal communication skills.
● Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and MapPoint, and other database tools for research and analysis.
● Must have experience with extensive spreadsheet manipulation, pivot tables, use of vlookup, Microsoft Excel formulas along with database creation, complex queries and table maintenance using Access.
● Must have experience extracting or working with hospitals to extract patient origin data.
● Extensive experience with Truven Health’s Market Expert or various state hospital association databases to extract market data for comparative analysis.
● Experience using Crimson Market Advantage for physician referral data.
● Ability to translate complex data into usable reports and/or charts, graphs and written reports.
● Knowledge of medical staff development planning processes and report writing.
● Knowledge of SurveyMonkey survey creation, analysis and distribution.
● Ability to self-motivate, organize own work and juggle multiple priorities to produce accurate analyses
About Community Hospital Corporation – HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT®
Community Hospital Corporation owns, manages and consults with hospitals through three distinct organizations – CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and CHC ContinueCARE, which share a common purpose to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers. Based in Plano, Texas, CHC provides the resources and experience community hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance.
CHC's corporate office was named among the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review for 2015 and 2016 and was named among the top 100 Places to Work in DFW by the Dallas Morning News in 2015 and 2016. CHC is as dedicated to maintaining a corporate culture of care and concern for its employees that is as strong as its dedication to supporting our clients.
CHC is continuing to grow, and seeks talented individuals who will contribute to our growth while embracing our mission to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers.
For more information about CHC, please visit www.communityhospitalcorp.com
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation